1. Information we collect
Personal information is any information that can either directly or indirectly identify you as an individual.
We collect personal information from you in accordance with the law when you make a booking through our reservation system or stay at the hotel. Information collected during the course of the reservation and during your stay may include; your name, gender, home and business details, phone number, email address, nationality, interests and payment card information; also information such as your preferred room type and specific requests to the hotel.
2. How we collect your information
We may collect, store and use your personal information through:
- Direct interactions – You give us your information by filling in our forms via our website or by corresponding with us in person, by post, phone, email or by physically visiting the hotel. This includes the personal data you provide when you make an inquiry, make a reservation, book an event or use our onsite services such as the restaurant and travel agency.
- In some cases, we may receive this information from a third party, such as when you book through an online travel agency or hotel booking site.
3. How we use personal information
We use the information collected from you primarily to fulfill your hotel reservation. Prior to your stay, this may include sending you pre-stay communications. Following your stay, we may also send you post-stay communications and satisfaction surveys to get feedback on your experience. Subject to applicable laws, we may collect, use and disclose relevant portions of your personal information to perform the following activities:
- Process hotel bookings – Manage payments, fees and charges; collect and recover money owed to us and ensure your room is available and any special requests are fulfilled.
- Manage our relationship with you – Send confirmations and pre-arrival messages; provide customer service, such as dining reservations; notify you about changes to our terms, ask you to leave in a review or take a survey and for administrative purposes (to keep our records updated, manage our operations, ensure we keep you informed and assess customer feedback so we can continue to improve our services to you).
In some instances where we have your consent or where permitted under applicable law, we may send you marketing communications (which may include text messages) for products and services that we believe would be relevant for you. We also may use information related to your stay to display targeted advertisements on our website or on third party websites.
4. Sharing of personal information
- We may reveal personal information about you to unaffiliated third parties if you authorize it, if the information is provided to help complete a transaction for you or if it is to comply with the law and applicable regulations.
- We may also share your information with third party service providers to provide services in relation to our business as well as to help us improve our products and services. For example, for the purposes of market research and data analytics. In certain instances, third party service providers may also assist us with various marketing campaigns. Any such parties will need to agree to comply with our privacy requirements before we provide them with information.
Aside from the purposes described above, we do not share your stay information with any other third parties unless we have your consent or under special circumstances, such as; when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is required by law or to protect the safety of hotel guests, employees, the public or hotel property; when disclosure is required to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, warrant or legal process; or in the event of a merger, asset sale, or other related transaction.
5. How we secure your information
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of the information that you provide to us. We have put in place technical, physical and organizational security measures to protect against any unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, damage or loss of your information. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
The collection, transmission and storage of information can never be guaranteed to be completely secure. However, we commit to continually take the necessary steps to ensure that appropriate security safeguards are in place to protect your information. In the event of suspected personal data breach, we will notify you and any applicable regulator where we are legally required to do so.